Purchase District Health Department COVID-19 Vaccination Update 8/24/21
All Purchase District Health Department Health Centers are administering COVID-19 vaccine boosters. You must be 18 or older for both Moderna and J&J vaccines. We are administering Moderna COVID-19 boosters. Your second dose must be at least 28 days prior to your booster.
Below is a listing of PDHD health center (Ballard, Carlisle, Fulton, Hickman, and McCracken) hours and instructions to receive a Moderna booster or Moderna and J&J vaccines.
- Ballard: Please call in advance at (270) 665-5432, they will do their best to get you in the same day.
- Carlisle: Please call in advance at (270) 628-5431, they will do their best to get you in the same day.
- Fulton: Walk-in, no appointment needed. Hickman City: Tues and Thurs 7:30a-4:30p, Fulton City: Mon and Wed 7:30a-4:30p, Friday 7:30-11a
- Hickman: Walk-in, no appointment needed. Mon-Wed 8a-12p then 12:30p-4p.
- McCracken: Drive-Up, no appointment needed. Please drive up to the tent in the parking lot behind the health department at 916 Kentucky Ave, Paducah KY 42003. Mon-Th 8a-3p and Fridays 8a-10a.
To be eligible for a booster at this time you must be immunocompromised. Please see the list below:
- Receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood;
- Received an organ transplant and am taking medicine to suppress my immune system;
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or am taking medicine to suppress the immune system;
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, WiskottAldrich syndrome);
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection;
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that suppress my immune response.
FREE COVID-19 Testing is still available at the Purchase District Health Department location at 916 Kentucky Ave, Paducah KY 42003 in the back parking lot at the tent. Testing is drive-up, no appointment needed. Mon-Th 8a-3p and Fridays 8a-10a. Please do not enter the health center if you are in need of a COVID-19 test. Go directly to the Drive-Up tent. If you are tested you will receive a call with your results. Please do not call or come into the clinic for test results. We will call you once we receive your test results.
Please be patient as call volumes will be high.
The mission of the Purchase District Health Department is to provide environmental, preventive, curative, and health maintenance services to area citizens. Our primary goal is to have individuals in the Purchase adopt habits and behaviors that support a long and productive life span. This goal can be reached by direct health care, health education and counseling, and enforcement of laws that protect health and the environment.
To enable our clients to achieve their optimal functional level, we provide quality, cost effective care to all clients served regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, economic status, handicap status, political beliefs, or national origin. We treat all clients with dignity and respect as we strive to help them.
View the Air Quality!
You can view scores and ratings for all restaurants inspected by the Purchase District Health Department in Ballard, Carlise, Fulton, Hickman and McCracken counties. Scores are updated on a daily to weekly basis. Please use ALL CAPITALS when searching by name of establishments.
On August 1, 2013 the Purchase District Health began implementing a new policy that requires restaurants in Ballard, Carlise, Fulton Hickman and McCracken counties to post a letter grade that corresponds to their health department inspection score. You can view details regarding the new policy and to see a copy of ordinance.